Working for the US Federal Government (as an employee or contractor) is a unique experience. This is especially true for UXers.
This session provides an engaging, sometimes humorous overview of the peculiarities, challenges, and rewards of working as a GOV UXer and offers advice for getting started, succeeding, and spreading the culture of good UX (aka CX or citizen experience).
The session will cover:
– GOV UX stats that might surprise you
– A brief history of US Federal GOV UX / rules, regs, and limitations affecting UX work
– Agencies, actors, and influencers to know
– Federal web culture fundamentals
– Citizen engagement goals and techniques
– Usability testing rules, regs, and workarounds
– Resources and communities for GOV UXers
The session will include examples from 20+ years working on the front lines of US Federal GOV UX for dozens of federal agencies on hundreds of projects including some of the biggest and highest profile sites.